Monday, January 13, 2014

Review on Globe WiMax plan 999 as of January 2014

Well, it's almost six months of usage for my subscribed Globe WiMax plan 999 having a promised up to 1 Mbps speed... and comparing to Smartbro... I think I'm satisfied with this plan... though it would really be more satisfying if Internet plans here in the Philippines will be likened to abroad plans where speed is very high and with affordable prices I suppose. Hearing and having researched from other abroad Internet Service Provider (or ISPs).... Philippines gives a very high priced Internet Service Provider... which is really sad therefore we have no choice but to stick what we have...

In our area, cabled internet service providers with the cheap plans can not reach us.. we could only use as of now... Wireless Broadband such as Smartbro and Globe WiMax.... having been dissatisfied by Smartbro I switched and tried Globe WiMax... though the process and application was had setbacks or trouble, because they seem to not guarantee we could have an internet signal from our place, but an agent took risk to try out in our place... so alas! it has signal... It just needed for a higher height to be able to receive and send out signal to their tower.

So anyway.. having almost 6 months of connection from Globe  Wimax... I'm quite satisfied compared with Smartbro.. internet connection is stable... but perhaps I'm dissatisfied only with their FUP since they too have adopted the FUP issue... I think if the data cap reached 3 GB... net speed goes to 0.2 Mbps... which really is useless and very much frustrating... but I kind'a have some kind of ways that I do with this to try to make it fast again... Don't have a real evidence on this, but it works for me at times...

So what do I do? there are a few steps that I do...

First, I put off and wait for 10-15 seconds then put on the WiMax device again.

If that doesn't work... I try rebooting the WiMax then after reboot, I do the first option again...
Well I was able to read the steps on how to reboot a WiMax device on Globe's Forum so I think it's fine for me to share it here as well...

I have HUAWEI BM622i device for my Globe WiMax plan... and accessing the device.. I write on a browser's address "192.168.254.1" which would place me in a log-in interface or window... for username I use "user" then on password it's "0SlO051O"

placing the following log-in details, we can now access the details on the device... I never try to change anything in the details 'cause I have no idea what would really happen but anyway, I only use the "Reboot" button found in the maintenance tab or button. After waiting for a couple of minutes... the device is then rebooted. So that's what I do to reboot the device.

And observing my net after doing so, it seems the net speed comes back.... There was just one time out of 6 months that even doing these steps didn't work in putting back the speed of the net... but anyway.. it was just for a time or period of time and didn't have to be days... 

So as of now? I like the Globe WiMax and currently satisfied with it....
In addition though, I'm curious with Globe's New additional Plan which is the Globe Tattoo Home Broadband LTE... they have this plan 999 internet only having up to 3mbps speed.. and I wonder if that plan is available in our area too... and if I can transfer my current subscription with that plan... as of now I'm just curious but I think I can not entertain my curiosity as I'm more busy thinking first of how could I be employed again..(hehe!) I've been unemployed for months as well so that means having "no proper income" so just additional thoughts or idea... if someone have applied or subscribed in this plan, feel free to comment and I would love to hear any feedback on their plan. 

And oh yeah, there are times I get a higher speed from Globe WiMax plan 999... one time it reached 2Mbps... and at times 1.5Mbps... and I don't know why... I checked my account on their online Globe account and my plan is still 1 Mbps... anyway.. I just hope it would stay that way or better yet it would grow higher speed.. 1 Mbps is really slow at this cyber era... T_T .... 

And, in addition again, if you still don't know we could actually pay our bills online for the Globe WiMax... if you have BPI or BDO online account... and if you have knowledge on how to enroll an account for paying bills, you just have to look for "Innove" as the Company Biller.... I actually haven't hard-copy confirmed this... but I was able to confirm it on my online account... so perhaps to truly confirm this, I would have to see my next bill for the next month if my current bill was really paid or will it be carried next month. Paying on their center is a little disturbing and well let's say it... makes us lazy... so paying online is really something for me... =D

so that's it... hopefully these infos are great help or something.... =D

No comments:

Post a Comment