Thursday, August 14, 2014

Non Proffessional Driver's License Application in Baguio LTO

Recently, I was able to apply for a student driver's permit or license and I wrote my experience here. This time, I'm trying to apply for Non-Pro (Non Professional) Driver's License.

Well, at first I went to inquire at the person in-charge (the person who gives the form for application). And surely fixers are all around or near the place. Usually they will approach you and ask if you are going to get driver's license. But anyway, I think it's much better not to entertain fixers. One reason: You don't get to experience the system LTO does for license applications. Second reason: I believe it is more costly to entertain fixers, though I know they can give it fast (but no assurance of validity and authenticity).

So when I inquired, of course I had to make certain I have my requirements ready. Though I actually only have my application form already filled-up, which I downloaded from their website and of course my student driver's permit which is already a month old. Actually the person I inquired of still gave me a new form. But anyway he said that the application for Non-Pro has to be scheduled.

So what happened was that he just checked my requirements. First, he asked me for my student driver's permit. Then after checking (probably checked if it is a month old), he told me to go take my medical exam. Hmmm? I thought to myself... **so... no more drug test? Yes!!! I hope so**... So I went for a medical exam near the place. I just followed the arrows and observed the area, I find rooms where drug test was supposed to be taken, but they are mostly closed. I think the other rooms were for medical exam as well but never went in since I was following the arrows. So the last arrow pointed me to a room at a dead end. So I went in, then they've let me take my weight, height, checked my BP (which was 140/90... hey, I got tired walking and carrying a heavy bag) and also checked my eyesight. After that, I paid P100.00. Then went back to the desk-man. Then he gave me the form to fill up, which I did since I haven't shown my already filled-up form and he stapled my student permit with the new form. And of course I had to made some changes on my weight and height (simply copying what was written in my medical exam). After filling it up, he checked it and told me to go and write or set a schedule for my exam near the Window 1. So I went, and alas!!! the schedules were all filled up within the month the next free days were already on the next month. The slots were only 22 slots per day. And the instruction was that, I have to be back by 7:30 A.M. for my exam.

So made my decision on what schedule I would take. And after that went back to the desk-man and he told me to simply come back on the schedule I chose. Soooo.... To be continued! =)

***********************************

No comments:

Post a Comment