Thursday, August 14, 2014

Globe WiMax Review 2014 (after a year)

August 2013, I changed ISP from SmartBro (Canopy) to Globe WiMax... Within a year, I enjoyed the speed and the service Globe WiMax gave.... Didn't feel much the dreaded FUP (Fair Use Policy) of Internet Service Providers (ISPs - Smart, Globe and PLDT MyDSL). If you are still unaware or uninformed of what the FUP is, this policy introduces a slowing down of your internet whether planned or post paid or whatever ... after having consumed a certain amount of data capacity which it depends on how much data capacity the ISPs provide.

ISPs claim that other countries does this as well, but I am uncertain to that detail. They give their own evidences or "arguments" to prove their claims... Whereas, some other people also give their "arguments" saying that even if other countries give such FUPs, they don't feel the traumatizing effect of what consumers experience here in the Philippines. Because I think they have better plans and better speed and larger data capacities. Well, I actually have no real hard evidences yet but probably for us who have love ones abroad, we can always ask them. Ask them to test their speed by going to this website speedtest.net and ask them how much speed they get (the download speed and upload speed), then compare it to what you get.

I must say, this is where we Filipino Cyber Citizens are really in a disadvantage, knowing as well that all the ISPs don't seem to have the capability NOR (possibly) have a heart to improve on this area: "Having a better speed with fair and satisfying paid service and customer service". As far as I know there are only two main competitors, that of Smart and of Globe. Smart has the great upper-hand since I think they are much resourceful and let's just say the biggest number of customers (basing from knowledge over seen and heard details from media and cyber space). While, Globe is trying to cope up with the demand as well. Seeing this picture, the greatest disadvantaged is really... the customers!!! And add up to this? sorry, but I think as of now (year 2014), still the government has their corruptions... Why would I say that? just look at our simple getting of driver's license, you think if we are not corrupt, there are open-eyes-directly-near-the-office fixers?

So, anyway... getting back on Globe WiMax Review August 2014? Well here I place my current unsatisfactory on the Globe WiMax 1Mbps plan... after a year. And to think that the plan I got is a two-year lock-in period. Such a deceptive plan by them (I think). Well, I can't put them thoroughly down though... since comparing to the previous SmartBro Canopy to which I'm really very much unsatisfied. At least I don't have to call their CSR every two months and hear their CSR's annoying "sorry for the inconvenience".. etc... Well, I know, that's their job. Anyway, I can't really compare thoroughly SmartBro with Globe WiMax today since I don't know SmartBro's current status. But anyway, with both ISPs, I get to always read negative comments for both of them. But as of now? basing on my experience? I still have a plus points on Globe since it didn't lose connection for almost a year. Had some minor disconnection, but it only lasted half a day and that happened twice within the year. The recent, I called their CSR! And with my first experience to call them, I get the sense that they really have no idea on their technical side or matters. When I called, the result after talking for minutes, was that they had to send technicians to check on my connection and therefore was scheduled. But alas! After the half day, the internet came back. So... no need for technicians! And they never called nor texted anyhow.

As of Globe's Data Cap or Data Capacity limit, I really have no idea how much or how big. But the technicians who installed the Globe WiMax told me, it was 3GB a day. Makes me wonder though if I really have consumed 3GB for the whole 24 hours. And if I remember it right, I think there is a 20 GB limit capacity for a month. And the speed will be back every midnight. Not sure yet if that would really happen since, recently I have been experiencing slow net for some days now. Not yet for a week.

Oh yeah, the reason why I was satisfied for the year of Globe WiMax, every time my net slowed down, I always reboot and/or on/off my Globe WiMax. How to reboot the Globe WiMax? I think I wrote the steps here in this blogsite. And every time I do that, the speed just came back. So now, after a year, that seems to not work anymore... =) ... well, that's why I think they have just become more strict in their FUP.

Well? I'll just observe more if this situation continues on... I just hope it wouldn't continue on... feeling unsatisfied always is just stressful... =D.. and Oh yah, haven't tried PLDT DSL yet since their agent or center always say, we have no slot... or probably they can't provide us a line coming to our place. That's why I can only depend on Wireless Broadbands.. as of now!

Well I'm just hoping for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment