Sunday, August 31, 2014

Enchanted Kingdom Experience

Well, first off! To those who doesn't have idea of what Enchanted Kingdom is all about... It's a place of fun rides and entertainment for family and friends. It's a theme park found somewhere in Sta. Rosa City, Laguna, Philippines. For more information about them, check out there website: http://www.enchantedkingdom.ph/aboutEK.html.

For so many years, having heard of others share their experiences about the EK, of course gives me a sense of curiosity. And indeed, after my own and first experience, it was quite challenging and probably shocking... Well, of course there were rides that would really give you an experience you've never felt before, unless you had previous experience of falling or such kinds. My own experience on the other hand was really unforgettable, because most of it were a test of facing one's fear: fear of heights, fear of falling, and probably fear of death. To some of us who've probably experienced already, gives an advantage given the already known feeling. But as for me, being for the first time, it was really unimaginable and challenging. The worst and challenging experience I've had was on the rides of: "Space Shuttle", "Log Jam", and "Free Fall". Perhaps amongst other people, it doesn't. What made my own worst experience, was the experiencing of falling at the speed I didn't expect. It truly felt my body can't take it. The feeling that catching breath was important and experiencing pressure before your face and body. That was indeed a challenge. Adding to it was fear that one could feel and the thought of death was just near. But that was what I think EK boast of compared to other theme parks in the Philippines.

But anyway there were other rides that was indeed enjoyable. For me, the Flying Fiesta was the most enjoyable as it felt that I was indeed flying. Though it was on a circular direction still it was enjoyable for me. Another enjoyable ride with friends was the Rio Grande, where people get wet at some point. Another would be the water squirting against friends ride. Don't know the name of the ride, but me and my friends enjoy it. Though it was really a short time. The mini-roller Coaster is also fun, because at some point my body can at least bear with the speed of the coast ride, unlike the space shuttle. Probably fear is one of the factor though why I can't fully enjoy it though....

One of the most uncomfortable ride for me was that of the "Anchor's Away", specially when you sit on the extreme sides. And I must say, I have somewhat really uneasy with the kind of rides, because even on just a simple swing it has bad effect on my body. Though I have to say, when I was a kid, I did enjoy swings... I just don't understand why on my matured body, I can't seem to enjoy such anymore... By the way, one of the other factor why it is the most uncomfortable ride, was that it felt a long period of time when on it. Not that the time is so long, but when the ride starts to move, you have to wait for it's time to end. Unlike other rides, it happens once or twice then it stops.

One of the MOST BORING thing on the park was their "scaring" theme park. I don't what they call it... but it was a waste of time and money when we tried it. I think the theme was "alien invasion" where there goal was supposed to be scaring people. Well, we weren't that scared or even felt any entertainment, since we were just like toured around the area, while people dressed in costume tried to scare us... It was like?.... "huh?"... well, probably one factor that made it boring was that we were in a group of probably 7 or 8 who went in... while we had a tour guide, so those who were supposed to experience first were those on front, but alas, they weren't and we who were on the back were just spectators. But my judgement on the props and the design? It really lacked design... and probably strategy on enforcing "scaring" tactics. Therefore, we were unsatisfied with it.

Some rides were simply normal and fun too. Probably it's because it is already seen on other theme parks. But overall, I have to say it was quite an experience. I probably recommend it for those of curious minds and first timers, but after then, doing it again maybe of no more excitement, unless you want to continue enjoying it with family and friends. There's nothing better than doing activities with others, than doing it just by yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment