Tuesday, August 20, 2013

troubleshooting Smartbro Canopy 2013

Greetings!

Just want to write this as one of reasons why at times Smartbro Canopy slows down....
Well this is just one and as of now, other reasons might be the current issue of the "Fair Use Policy". But what I will share would be another reason why your Smartbro Canopy might be still slow even when calling their Call Centers for days and nothing is happening....

Well, here's my case and it's actually the second time around it happened... The first was a long time ago.. perhaps two years before... and it happened again now, which never occurred to me at first....

I called the *1888 for days asking why still my net is slow at the first day of the month of August 2013.... and reading about the FUP issue, made me think the System of Smartbro is really busted or with a glitch (which made my previous post).... after a week without any solution and them not sending their technicians.... I decided to apply for Globe WiMax instead since, PLDT DSL and lined internet seem to be of no avail in our location.... Good thing a Globe Agent was patient enough to give my location a try... since previously they wouldn't take my case... which I believe wrote about it too the last time...

So after being connected with Globe WiMax, the net was good... although I must say... my net was only at 1 Mbps... but it's good... But surety I will continue to monitor it... if it's really good....

Then suddenly I checked my Smartbro line, alas!!!! My cable or the wire connected to  the canopy antenna is wet in the inside... causing at the edge of the cable or the end of the cable connected to their power adaptor is short circuited or kind of burned up! don't know the technical terms so I'll just describe it as what I know it looks like... and I just remembered this happened way back years.... So I called out *1888 again telling of the situation... and still, their protocols ..... =.= ..... I hate it when they ask me to wait for 24 hours again.. but no can do... the CSR told me that my previous reports or complains wasn't closed yet, so they have to close first my previous case before they send their techs..... *AAAH!!! can't believe it after a week of no output or resolution???? .... =.=

Oh well, might as well give a try and have patience and let's see if changing my busted cables and adaptors will do the trick.... but I think it is.... as it was the same situation we had before...

So that's one reason why one's net on Smartbro Canopy might be slowed down and not always because of the FUP.... just saying.... but if my net will be still slowed down after they've changed it?

Well I think it's a bye bye Smartbro.... It's useless using a System that is not doing what it's supposed to do....

1 comment:

  1. Well.... Smartbro Systems and protocols reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally ..... crazy!!! and _______________ (sorry but don't like to use bad words here...) but it really is disappointing how their systems and protocols work... I've been waiting for action on their side while I was patiently calling them for 2 days and so... I give up!!! It's really bye bye Smartbro... well... I'm connected already to Globe WiMax... and it can manage I suppose... so far no problem on Globe... but will continue to monitor.... perhaps my problem with Globe is simply the signal.. it's best to put their antenna for better signal rather than the box only... but it's dangerous if there are lightnings as warned in the manual (toinks!)... oh well..

    ReplyDelete